One of the cool things about building a business is the opportunity to “stimulate the job force” and bring people into our Dog is Good family. We enticed the fabulous LUNA AZUL, to move to California from Seattle, WA in September 2011. Initially, our plan was to put her photographic genius to work doing all the product photography, but her role quickly expanded to managing all inventory on wholesale and retail sites. She is the ultimate team player, often assisting in the warehouse to help get orders out the door and regularly participating in our exhibitor shows. Luna lights up DIG headquarters, keeping us laughing and entertained, and is adored by everyone here. In addition to being surrounded by dogs on a daily basis, Luna says her favorite part about working at Dog is Good is “that I can be myself and that my bosses value me and my input. I know that I made the right decision in moving here to work for them and it makes me feel like I have family here down here as well.” (Aw, being the emotional person I am…this leaves me feeling ferklempt, thanks Luna!!). Luna not only works extremely hard, she is an integral part of the operations and Dog is Good is extremely fortunate to have her!!
Luna grew up with both cats and dogs and is now a Dog Mom to Oliver, an adorable Chihuahua. He is the light of her life and the true inspiration that prompted her to start her photography business. According to Luna, Oliver keeps her calm and grounded, providing stress relief when needed. The connection to this loving animal is unparallelled to anything else. She recently adopted Petri, her boyfriend’s dog. Everyone in the office “fights” over the opportunity to either keep him snuggled in a zip hoodie or sit on our laps while we work.
Five things most people don’t know about Luna:
1. She was obsessed with the boy band HANSON in 5th and 6th grade and actually got to meet them after winning a contest.
2. The key to her heart is ginger snap cookies
3. She is afraid of the dark
4. She has a tattoo of Oliver under her right arm as well as other tattoos that shout out to the world her absolute adoration of dogs.
5. As self-proclaimed “poop master”, she takes pictures of her dogs pooping saying, “I think its funny. I might even try to make a book out of it.”