Planning a vacation getaway, but don’t want to leave your fur best friend at home? Not to worry, we have compiled the best dog friendly travel resources for you! Nowadays you can drive or fly into practically any town and find a hotel, bed & breakfast, inn, cabin or cottage that is dog friendly or cat friendly, or both. What are you waiting for? Let’s get planning for you and DOG!
Am important fact to remember when booking at a pet friendly hotel is to ask about size restrictions. Whether you have a tea-cup Chihuahua or a Great Dane, double check on weight limits at the property.
Red Flag Alert! If you are inquiring at a pet friendly hotel and they have restrictions on breeds, might want to cross that locale off your list. Certain states have laws against specific breeds and you will want to know if the hotel is discriminatory to your pup.
Hotel: you want to bring your dog? Okay! That will be an additional charge of $250 + a cleaning fee of $100. Nope, not going to do that! Bringing your pup along for vacay shouldn’t break the bank. There are plenty of pet friendly hotels that will accommodate your fur kid without all the extra fees.
You packed your toothbrush, your favorite pair of flip flops and your most-loved Dog Is Good t-shirt. But don’t forget about DOG’s suitcase and all their favorite things from home:
- Blanket from home for their comfort item
- Collapsible travel bowls for food and water
- Leash and collar with up to date I.D. tag
- Favorite chew toy to relieve stress
- Potty bags for when they have to “go”
- Pet carrier/crate
- Copy of current vaccination records
- Bring Fido and Pets Welcome are helpful websites to find pet friendly travel information. They have a list of hotels, restaurants and even events at your destination that allows you to share the fun with your dog.
- Chewy has listed the best dog friendly vacation destinations for 2021! Here’s the LIST! Now get traveling!